Green Cards

Koleci Law Firm - Experience makes the difference
Connecticut information on Green Cards.

How do most people obtain green cards?.

Most people obtain green cards by being sponsored by their relatives (including their spouses) or through their employers. Others become permanent residents through EB-5 investments, the green card lottery or asylum. Our firm can easily explain how you can qualify for a green card and how the process works. A green card enables you to live and work in the United States for the rest of your life as long as you does not abandon your residence by staying outside the US for too long a time or engage in conduct which renders you subject to deportation. Most persons who are residing in the US are eligible adjust their status to permanent residence without leaving the U.S. However, if you have ever violated your lawful immigration status, you may be eligible to adjust your status only if you: (1) Are an “immediate relative” of a U.S. citizen (Parent, spouse or child); (2) Qualify for benefits under section 245(i) of the law and pay an appropriate fine; (3) Qualify under section 245(k) of the law as an employment-based immigrant; or (4) Qualify under section 209 if you are an asylee or a refugee. This page also describes the process of obtaining an immigrant visa abroad if you are either residing in a foreign country, or you do not wish to adjust status in the US. However, if you are ineligible to adjust status to permanent resident in the U.S, be sure to contact us about and carefully read our section entitled Unlawful Presence Bars and Waivers before you decide whether to attempt to obtain an immigrant visa abroad. Scroll down this page to learn how you can qualify to receive a green card, or how you can sponsor an employee or a relative for permanent residence..

How can a Connecticut Immigration Lawyer assist you?

There are many documents, forms, and other legal processes that must be completed, filled out and proven. The process can be long and it is difficult to obtain a permanent residence visa or any other kind of visa. If you or a loved one are considering applying for a visa or if you are already in the process, a Connecticut immigration attorney from Koleci Law Firm will be able to advise you of your options as well as answer any questions and if you so desire, represent you in court if the need arises. 

Need Immediate Assistance?
Contact Us


Injury & 

Family Law

1000 Bridgeport Ave
Suite 401
Shelton, CT 06484



Site by PeakPoint500.


  • Follow us on Facebook